5 Reasons to Visit Legoland Florida!
And 5 BONUS tips to help make everything AWESOME while you're there!
Stay & play! The Lego Pirate Hotel is just a few steps away from the LEGOLAND Theme Park entrance. No need to drive or take a bus. It’s so convenient having everything you need in one place. If you need a mid-day break for the kids to nap or cool off in the pool, it’s easy to get to your room & then back to the park for more fun! There are two themed pools with giant foam legos floating in them, and if that isn't enough, they also have a water slide that was a BIG hit with all the kids.
2. Reason number two to visit Legoland! The BEST themed rooms for families. When I say everything is Lego-themed, I’m talking everything! Even down to the complimentary toiletries (shampoo, body wash, & lotion with cute little lego characters on them). There’s a separate area in the room for the kids to sleep and play, which was incredible. Ryder, Aria, and Athena immediately started playing with the legos in the room before discovering a treasure hunt! That’s right, X marks the spot to find the hidden pirate treasure. We had a blast finding clues all over the room to unlock the safe and enjoy our bounty of pirate eye patches and lego characters.
In addition to the pirate theme, legos, and treasure hunt, the room's functionality was terrific! Legoland thought of everything. There’s a stool provided in the bathroom so the little kids can quickly get on the toilet or wash their hands. My Athena was so happy about a toddler toilet seat and a bathtub, not just a shower. A bunk bed with a pull-out trundle bed is in the kid's sleeping area. All three of my kids had their beds, which meant they weren’t in MINE!
Other room amenities include:
- Mini Beverage Refrigerator
- Coffee Maker
- USB ports next to the bed
- Lots of storage space for luggage
3. Need another reason to visit Legoland? They have the BEST lobby ever = no “I'm bored” kids! We spent lots of time in the lobby because it was so much fun! Not only is there a pit full of legos to play with, but also a Pirate Castle Play Area. In another area are more lego tables, themed rooms, and a place for additional nightly shows or parties with the cast members. Close by is a bar & restaurant for quick eats and a gift shop. Want to sit down and eat a full meal? No problem! The Bricks or Pirate restaurants are both excellent.
4. Number four might have been my husband's favorite part...COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST!
Yes! You read that right. Everyone staying at the hotel gets a complimentary breakfast. This isn’t your standard “continental breakfast” with some cereal and yogurt. Instead, this is a BIG home-cooked breakfast to fuel you for a day of FUN! Both mornings we enjoyed a full family-style breakfast (filled as many times as we wanted). Eggs, sausage, bacon, home fries, pancakes or french toast, biscuits, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, and chocolate milk (Athena’s favorite).
- Don’t have time for a sit-down breakfast?
No problem! You can grab some fruit, pancakes, cereal, coffee, milk, or juice to go on your way out to the park! All complimentary as well! We snagged a couple of oranges, packages of fruit loops, and apple juice for the kids to snack on throughout the day at the park. Because if you have kids, you know they will be hungry 15 minutes after leaving breakfast.
5. Last but not least, the 5th reason you need to visit Legoland Florida, you guessed it! The Theme Park!
Legoland has something for everyone! Their app makes it easy & convenient to see the height requirements for all the rides. Our group had a wide range of ages from 18 months to 8 years old, and even some man-children who were living their best Lego life! Even if you don’t enjoy rides, there are many amazing things to see (and yes, almost all of them are made out of Legos). We enjoyed many attractions where we could all go on as a group, including the baby! Legoland has different areas of the park dedicated to our favorite Lego adventures. The Lego Movie, Ninjago, Real Friends, and more! Don't miss out on the character meet and greets, water show, delicious snacks, gift shop, or customizing your own Lego character.
Watch our reel below to glimpse all the fun we had at Legoland!
Be sure to pin this page when you plan your trip to Legoland. And follow me on Instagram for more travel reviews! @Stephanie_Massaker
Five tips to have the best time at Legoland, Florida!
1. Bring a stroller. It’s a big park, and even if you have kids who don’t usually use a stroller, I would still suggest bringing one. All of our kids were in it at some point during the day (4, 6, & 8).
2. Fans. Bring all the fans! Florida is hot, and it's a big park. So do yourself a favor and bring a fan for everyone in your group. We prefer these HERE.
3. Buy the refillable cup. You can get a themed LegoLand mug for $10 and refill it for free all day! So worth it! *Bonus tip: Bring a small container of dish soap to wash your refillable cup and water bottles at night.
4. TRADE Lego Characters with the staff members! You will not want to miss out on the fun of this unique Legoland experience. My son, Ryder, had the best time trading characters. It’s funny how something so small can be the most memorable.
5. Rest when you need it. I know this seems like something you shouldn’t need a reminder for, but it’s easy to get caught up in the go, go, go of a theme park. And the unique benefit of the Pirate Hotel being RIGHT next to the park is that you can go back to your room, take a nap, or even take a quick dip in the pool.
We can't wait to go back to Legoland, Florida & have more fun! If you're interested in booking, you can do so by clicking here.
One last bit of info about the property e also enjoyed visiting the Brand New Peppa Pig Theme Park, located just a few steps away from our Legoland hotel. If you have a fan of Peppa, then add on an extra day to your visit and enjoy a fun-filled day with Peppa, George, and the whole gang!
*Legoland graciously hosted our family for this trip. However, the views on this blog are my own. We truly enjoyed our time and are counting down the days until we visit again.